Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Discharge during intercourse

 rose23986 - Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:56 am

I just started having sex with a new partner and everytime we have sex I feel as if I am becoming overly wet. Before I even finish there will be a wet spot on the bed (from me!). This has never happened to me before. And sex with this person is not any better than with any other partner I have had. It is becoming embarrassing to have to make him change his sheets every time we have sex. Could I have a yeast infection or some other infection that is causing this change?
 dsjeya - Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:15 am

a discharge due to infection will be there always anyway get yourself examined
 rose23986 - Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:44 pm

Even if the discharge is clear? What types of infections should i be looking for? I was at the Gyn a month ago and everything was fine. This is my first partner since.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us