Question: 7 years of nipple discharge

freind - Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:40 pm

I'm 32 years old, married no children, I'v had nipple discharge 7 years ago, the discharge is clear, but stains my bra and night cloth yellow, I've been checked by 5 doctors and every year I do citology and ultrasound of my breast with no results, no mass, no cysts and the patalogyst in the last results diagnosed mastitis. I take antidepressants sometimes. My prolactin levels are normal. The doctors say Its nothing to be concerned of, they don't recommend mamogram because of my age and no ductogram because the discharge is not bloody. Should I still be concern of this? What could be the cure for this problem??
I forgot to remark that the discharge is from a single duct and from one breast.
 ireland815 - Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:13 am

hi, my mother is 46 and her last chld was me....27 years ago. She still has nipple discharge. Her doctor told er that as long as it was clear that there was nothing to worry about. As long as there is no odor and it isn't pusy looking you should be fine.