Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: 7 years of nipple discharge

freind - Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:40 pm

I'm 32 years old, married no children, I'v had nipple discharge 7 years ago, the discharge is clear, but stains my bra and night cloth yellow, I've been checked by 5 doctors and every year I do citology and ultrasound of my breast with no results, no mass, no cysts and the patalogyst in the last results diagnosed mastitis. I take antidepressants sometimes. My prolactin levels are normal. The doctors say Its nothing to be concerned of, they don't recommend mamogram because of my age and no ductogram because the discharge is not bloody. Should I still be concern of this? What could be the cure for this problem??
I forgot to remark that the discharge is from a single duct and from one breast.
 ireland815 - Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:13 am

hi, my mother is 46 and her last chld was me....27 years ago. She still has nipple discharge. Her doctor told er that as long as it was clear that there was nothing to worry about. As long as there is no odor and it isn't pusy looking you should be fine.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us