Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Irregular menstruation

Luribug - Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:34 pm

Unlike my regular periods, my last two have been light and not mucousy at all, and i'm concerned about the sudden change. I'm not sure what exactly might be the cause of this. This summer I experienced sexual intercourse (protected) for the first time with my boyfriend. Then I came down with mono early september. The fever and sore throat went away, however the lymph nodes in my groin area still feel swollen and give me a little pain. I read that they were supposed to return to normal after about four weeks from the start of having mono, and I'm just really concerned. Could these still be related to mono in someway? or is it possible that I have a vaginal infection? or could I be pregnant even? Other than the swelling and changes in my period there hasn't been anything else but what feels like a little itching of the vagina.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 lsu - Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:26 pm

I HAVEN'T GOTTEN A PERIOD SINCE JUNE AND I WANNA KNOW IF I AM ABLE TO GET PREGNANT?[/b]

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us