Question: Bartholin gland cyst excision

marlew66 - Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:43 am

Had a cone biopsy a D&C and Bartholin gland cyst excision on jan 12.
I had bleeding for 14 days after surgery.
I am still very sore and have a yellow drainage with occasional pink to brownish blood.

There is still a open hole where the cyst was removed.

Is this normal?
How long does recovery take?

I was put on a 10mg 5 day treatment of provera for the bleeding.
Had a 5 day dose of zythromax followed by a 5 day does of levaquin and a 2 doses of diflucan.
My doctor went out of country a few days after my surgery and the doctor on call for him doesn't seem to want to see me.
I have called twice once for infection concern and once for bleeding.
Both times the oncall doctors nurse to me to go to the ER which I did not do.
 Dr. Russell M - Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:44 pm

User avatar Hi!

After the removal of your Bartholin's cyst, did you have a recheck? Did you have vaginal packings, and if so, did your doctor replace it? Have you had regular sitz bath? It would require a recheck if you happen to have fever, discharge, pain, or swelling in the area, despite the meds you seem to have taken.

Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Bill
 marlew66 - Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:46 pm

I had the cyst removed on the 12th of feb my doctor checked me on feb the 16th and removed the packing. Alot of packing.

I did take sitz baths for 10 day's after the surgery.

Im still having pain and discharge.

I don't seem to be able to find any info on recovery time or how long I should have pain and bleeding.

My doc is still out of the country and won't be returning until this coming monday.

Thank you for any help.....