Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: FEMALE QUESTION ABOUT MY PRIVATE AREA

KNOWING - Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:00 pm

Hello I'M 29 YRS OLD I HAVE FOUND OUT THAT MY FEMALE MON HAS BECOME FAT IS THIS A NORMAL THING ? I'M NOT A SMALL GIRL I'M ABOUT A SIZE 20 MY BOYFRIEND TELLS ME IT'S BECAUSE OF MY HOMRONES HAPPENING IN MY LIFE & I SHOULDN'T WORRY ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT DOESN'T BOTHER HIM AT ALL BUT I'M WORRIED BECAUSE WHEN I WAS SMALLER MY FEMALE MON DIDN'T LOOK AS FAT
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:18 am

User avatar Im sorry, I don't understand what your describing. What is your female mon?
 KNOWING - Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:25 am

WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT IS THE PLACE UNDER YOUR STOMACH WHERE YOUR HAIR STARTS TO GROW I LOOKED UP THE MEDICAL TERM AND ITS CALLED A MON ITS THE FLESHY PART RIGHT ABOUT THE VAGINAL ITS BETWEEN THAT AND THE STOMACH WHERE THE HAIR GROWS OR ANOTHER TERM THE MEAT SURROUNDING THE PUBERTY
 KNOWING - Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:29 am

:?: :?: I WAS HOPING TO GET THE ANSWER FROM A DOCTOR I THINK HE WOULD KNOW MORE OF WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT THAN A STUDENT NOT TO BE RUDE BECAUSE I'M WORRIED AND I NEED A TRUE ANSWER
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:53 am

User avatar I understand why I wasn't sure what you were describing. The mons pubis is the area you are talking about. I had never heard of it called mon before.
And to answer your question that area is just fatty connective tissure covered with pubic hair. Since you said you are overweight, this is another area that has increased in size becaue of excess fatty tissue.
If you were to lose weight, this area would also become smaller.

Unfortunatly, a doctor is not always available to answer every question on this forum. All moderators on this forum are trained medical professionals. Although I am a student pursuing my bachelors of nursing, I have been in the nursing profession for 10 years.
 KNOWING - Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:07 pm

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us