Question: bloating and abdominal pain

ireland815 - Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:32 am

HI, the last few months I feel that I don't know my body anymore. I have been having a lot of wierd things happening. I was taking ortho evra for a little over a year. I recently stop taking it 5 months ago because I got tired of people asking me if I was pregnant. I was getting so bloated. I thought that it was from the medication, but now I think that it is something else. My symptoms are....bloating, abnormal periods, abdominal pain during intercourse, I can't sleep, constipaton and diahrea, and lots of gas all the time, and now I have indigestion all the time. It always feels like some thing is in my throat all the time. The thing that concerns me is the bloating. I swear that I look like I am 4 or 5 months pregnant. Another thing that I have that I don't know is normal is discharge from my breast. I have a baby that is 15 months old so I don't know if it is still supposed to dothat or not.
 pushka - Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:31 pm

Hiya,

My daughter, who is 16 and a virgin, and started her periods around 3 years ago, has some of the same symptoms as you...they have become increasingly worse over the last 12 months.

She now suffers back pain, a bloated feeling when she is eating, which can sometimes make her feel nauseous, a distended tummy, which makes her appear 5/6 months pregnant...and yes, she's been asked about her pregnancy too!! In the few days prior to her period starting she gets increased pain in either of her fallopian tube areas, with some swelling, she has now started to want to urinate more frequently, throughout the month, with pain afterwards, has lots of gas and heartburn/indigestion. That's all the symptoms I can think of, off the top of my head.

When the bloated feeling and distended tummy first occurred, last October/November time, she was told it was most likely PMS, as it seemed to occur mainly around the time her period was due. Then she was asked to increase her fibre intake, and was given Fybogel (sp?) sachets, but these made her feel worse so she refused to persevere with that. We have looked at forums for IBS, Endometriosis and now Fibroids after googling her various symptoms...

Please does anybody have any idea what might be occurring?
 pushka - Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:35 pm

I forgot to mention that, in the mornings her tummy is not distended. Her symptoms begin as soon as she begins to eat or drink...she does not want to develop an aversion to eating, and is afraid this will happen if she starts to eliminate certain items from her diet without any professional advice...