Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: birth control

 baybiex0fayce - Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:36 am

hii ,
i have a question.. i am 15 and i live in south florida. i have been hoping to get birth control for the past year.. but things havent been to great with my mom taking me to go and get it. so is there anywhere that i can go with my boyfriend thats 17 to go and get it without my mom.
thanks -
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:07 pm

User avatar Look for a family planning clinic. They are generally are free if you are under 18, and patient confidentiality prevents them from telling your family your information unless you authorize it.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us