Question: Bleeding for 16 days

melo24 - Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:01 pm

I have always had a very regualr period, each month it would come 26-28 days after the first day of my last period. I am not currently on birth control. I was on seasonale as of 2 months ago but even then never really took them responsibly and it didnt distrupt my cycle. Now I have been bleeding non stop since September 26! Heavy at first, then, moderate, light, one day of nothing, then light, heavy moderate. ???? For the last 16 days with only 1 or 2 days without bleeding. No pain or cramps really at this point, what is up with me?
 Michele P, RN - Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:07 am

As your doctor probably explained to you, Seasonale is the type of BC that extends the time between your scheduled periods so you have fewer periods - approx 4 per year. Though this is true of Seasonale, there is a good chance of having spotting & breakthrough bleeding which can go from slight spotting to a flow much like a regular period. This is common & should decrease over time. Seasonale users are known to experience MORE breakthrough bleeding than women using conventional birth control pills, but it will regulate IF you take the the pills irregularly. The fact that you stop/go, this makes it harder!!

Some otherr side effects that you may/might have are: nausea, vomiting, breast tenderness, weight gain.

Best of Luck :)