Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: I don't know what's going on, please help!

Kidrockgurl_69 - Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:51 pm

I have recently been trying to concieve. When I was 13 I had a cyst on my ovary and I'm wondering if that is preventing me from conception. I recently had my regular period and then a few days ago, I had spot bleeding, I took a pregnancy test (my second one this month) to see if maybe that was a sign that I was pregnant, but it came out negative again. I'm wondering if there is something wrong with me, and I can't really go to my gynecologist, I don't have the money right now, seeing as I am a college student. Does anyone have any advice?
 Michele P, RN - Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:32 pm

Kidrockgurl_69 wrote:I have recently been trying to concieve. When I was 13 I had a cyst on my ovary and I'm wondering if that is preventing me from conception. I recently had my regular period and then a few days ago, I had spot bleeding, I took a pregnancy test (my second one this month) to see if maybe that was a sign that I was pregnant, but it came out negative again. I'm wondering if there is something wrong with me, and I can't really go to my gynecologist, I don't have the money right now, seeing as I am a college student. Does anyone have any advice?

As far as I know, that should not have caused a long term issue.

Trying to conceive sometimes takes a while. You might want w/your next cycle to time when your most fertile days will be & try to have sex on those days. If you would like assistance on how to calculate those days, I'll be happy to post that for you. The 1st day of your last period & how many days are in your cycle are needed to figure it out.

I'm not saying this is the fool proof method to get pregnant NOR am I saying this is a way of contreception!!!! Its just a method to give a shot.

Also, when getting pregnant, please be sure to keep in mind that having a OBGYN is important & might be a good thought to see if you are looking to get pregnant either way just to check out your gynecologic health on the whole.

Best of Luck :)
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:24 am

User avatar Being that you are a college student and do not have the money to see a doctor, how would you provide for a baby? Maybe it would be a good idea to rethink trying to concieve until you are more financially stable. Babies are very expensive, and if you do not have enough money to see a doctor, how would you have enough money to provide for a baby?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us