Question: Had sex 1 day after period - pregnant?

jat - Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:20 am

Hi.
i've only recently become sexually active. About the last 4 months with a serious boyfriend. Im in my early twenties and this may be strange but im uneducated on this matter.
My situation is; since becoming sexually active my periods have been all over the show. It used to be relatively regular, every 3rd-4th week, with about 6 days of heavy bleeding but I don't bleed much since we've started having sex. I only bleed for about 1 or 2 days and its minimal then stop for a day, then begin again for about 1 or 2 more. its weird.
My cylcles since having sex have tended to be around 2.5 weeks without bleeding then those 4-5 days of irratic bleeding.
Keeping that in mind, my last period finished on the 15/10/05 and we had unprotected sex (and he ejaculated) on the 16/10/05. Today is the 18/10/05.
Since this calculates up to about a 21 day cycle, is it possible that I could have conceived as soon as the first day of a new cycle?? When is the earliest that I can take a pregnancy test without visiting a doctor? can you recommend a brand in australia?
 Binkalette - Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:04 pm

If you just got done with your period, don't worry about it. The lining of your uterus builds up through-out the month so that about half way through, an egg can be released and go down to be fertilized and then implant into the lining to grow. You just shed your lining the day before, so there is like...NO WAY you can be pregnant :) If your still worried though, you can take most pregnancy tests the day after you miss your period. But now I believe that they make some you can use five days before you would normally get your period. I'm not sure what kind of brands are sold in australia, but just about any test you buy in a store will be 100% accurate. There can be false negatives when taking a pregnancy test, but taking two or three with negatives every time will rule out pregnancy. However, there can be no false positives.. But you won't have that problem..Trust me :P Your not pregnant.
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:21 pm

User avatar When was the first day of your period?

If you had sex the day after your period ended, and sperm can live in the body a few days after that, and you only have a 21 day cycle, it is possible to concieve.