Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Safe dates for not conceiving a baby please...

jilloo - Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:15 am

I don't want to have a baby now..Can anyone tell me which dates are safe after mensus for me to have sex...please...
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:09 am

User avatar Generally women ovulate on day 14 of their cycle. Since sperm can live in the body for up to a week, sex is not safe a week before day 14, and a few days after.

All women are different and this is just an avarage number. Using this method for birth control is very very unrealiable. Finding a doctor and getting a birth control or using condoms or abstaining from sex are much more effective.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us