Question: Missing Periods after baby was born

sparkles312001 - Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:19 am

Ok, I am 21 and I gave birth (c-section) in June of this year. I have had a period like clock work, every 29 days, since I was 11 years old..... I have had 2 periods since my baby was born and then this month I have not gotten one. Is it normal for your period to "jump" around after you have a baby???? Or should I be worried that I am pregnant again??? :shock: PLease Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 angel2close - Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:54 pm

After giving birth a woman's body takes about a year to "return to normal". This includes the hormonal changes you are going through. It is not uncommon for a woman to have sporatic periods for the first few months after delivery. Also, on the other hand, if you have been sexually active, pregnancy is always a possibility. :roll: First thing, calm down, then perhaps you would like to do a HPT (home pregnancy test) to set your mind at ease and know one way or the other. Sorry not to be able to give you a solid answer one way or the other.