Question: Nipple Piercing Problem

jennclem20 - Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:54 pm

Hi-two and a half years ago I got my left nipple pierced. I noticed when I would clean it that their was a foul smell on the ring and small amount of discharge. About a year later my breast started hurting so I went to the Dr. he told me I had fibrocystic changes, and that was it. So I took the ring out, and it seemed to help the pain but now I have that same foul smelling coming out of my nipple. The discharge it white, no odd colors, and its not spontaneously coming out just when I press hard, and I have pain in the right upper quadrant of my left breast. I know it's some sort of infection. Ever heard of anything like this. Nobody around here seems to know much about piercings and their complications. Any help would be wonderful. My nerves are going crazy.

Thanks much-
Jenn [/b]
 Skarlet - Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:36 am

I don't know what to tell you about the pain thing, but nipple piercings don't heal well I've had mine for a year and a half and they do the same thing with the white discharge. My friend and I both have both of ours done and we have the same problem, white discharge it gets a little crusty around the rings and has a slight odor when I clean them. I don't think it's abnormal though because I talked to piercers when I first noticed it and they told me its part of the healing process, its been decreasing with time. My piercer did however mention that the healing time with nipple piercings is really different, some people it takes years, some never fully heal. Another thing about mine though is that I have alot of piercings and the slight odor is the same smell for all my piercings when they're healing. If I put in a pair of earrings I'm allergic to my body secretes the same smelling substance, the slight crust and everything are the same although the consistancy is different or when I take my lip rings out and my body starts to heal the hole, same white substance, same smell.