Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: vaginal irritation

 kishia25 - Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:39 am

HI, i'm new to this site and i have a question i have had this brown discharge that is accompanied by an odor and vaginal itching and discomfort i am currently 19 wks pregnant and i am not recieving ob care due to no insurance is there anything i can do at home to help with this problem
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:11 am

User avatar You need to see a doctor for prenatal care. It is very very important. If you don't have insurance, then seek free care from a government program like welfare. There are programs in every state to make sure pregnant mothers get prenatal care.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us