Question: am i having a miscarriage

chandlerbrat - Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:37 am

my question is i don't know if im pregnant, i thought maybe but have not tested. but then i got what may be my period. although it is about 10 days early and completely different then what im used to. there is a great amount of dark blood and lots of cramps could i be having a miscarriage and not even know im pregant
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:09 am

User avatar Its possible why don't you get an ultrasound just to make sure. Its also important if you have had a miscarriage to exclude that there is anything left inside the uterus that could cause infection.
 angelita - Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:41 am

I am in the same situation. My bleeding is very excessive, dark, and even thick. I have been feeling extremely nauseated and weak along with severe cramps that I have never experienced before. What ended up your outcome? Wouldn't an ultrasound be unnecessary, especially considering that I have already bled so much. How could anything be detected with that?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:10 am

User avatar If it is a miscarriage then there is a risk that part of the fetus is still retained (not all of it was expelled). This is very dangerous and can lead to septicemia. I would advise you get an appointment with your gynecologist as soon as possible.