Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Dark Vaginal Discharge

ScaredTeen - Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:19 pm

A few days ago I noticed a little bit of brown diahrea-like discharge either when I wipe or in my underwear. It's not constant but it comes at least once a day. l also have been having cramp like feelings and my period should be comming any day now. I've only been sexually active with one person and the same goes for them. I haven't had sex for about 2 weeks now and I'm really scared that I could be pregnant but we use condoms all the time. I'm also not on any kind of birth control. I've never been to a gyn and I'm terrified to go get it checked out. Please tell me what's going on.
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:42 pm

User avatar If you period should be comming any day now, then what your probably seeing is the start of you period. The red blood should start soon.
 vkn - Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:01 am

[[size=18]b]3 days ago I noticed a dark vaginal discharge. It increases each day,but it is not heavy. I had minor cramping 2 times. I am not due for my period (it started 10/20/05). My last period was nomal. There is no oder. I have 3 children the youngest 5 months. I'm not taking birth control at this time. I do get a lot of yeast infections,(I don't know if this is related in any way). Please tell me what you think this might be,I am worried.
Thank You, :oops:
vkn[/b]

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us