Question: vaginal canker sores

hippocrates - Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:12 am

I rarely, but do, experience sores between my outer and inner vaginal lips that have the appearance of canker sores. They have never appeared as liquid filled sores, only mouth canker sore appearance. I usually only have one, but on the rare occasion I have experienced two. There is some itching and pain involved. I have the fear that it might be a sign of an STD. I have never been diagnosed as having an STD; although I have had a papsmear that came out slightly abnormal. I went to a specialist that stated that it was nothing to worry about though. Please help me understand what this is. Thank You.
 Dr. Russell M - Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:20 am

User avatar Hi!

Did your specialist run any tests on you, or did the docotor treat you with any medication? Is the sore painful? Has there been recurrence of these sores after treatment? Has your partner(s) been treated for STD?

Bill
 moo - Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:45 pm

possibly genital herpes?
 cooley - Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:23 am

It has been 7 months since the post. I have similar symptoms and am awaiting a herpes test result. What was the outcome of yours????