Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: a hard lump on vagina

buttonhole - Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:40 am

Hello i hav a small hard purply lump on my vagina it is not anywhere near the opening of the vagina it is at the top bit to the right hand side near my right thigh (hard to explain!) i am worried because i am only 17 years old i dnt think it is cancer i think it is a cyst of sme sort. i did squeeze it and sme yellow pus did cme out i thort it was a spot. please help me!
 kelleybarbie - Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:59 pm

It could just be an ingrown hair. Sometimes they grow to a head and pop when provoked, and sometimes they look to be purple.
 buttonhole - Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:39 pm

hmm mayb...but its still there and its kind of soft now like its got fluid? not causing any problems so i cant think what it could be. any more ideas?? thankyou so much. im just worried because im onli 17 ad well iv never had anything like this before! xx
 cheerbaby17 - Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:11 pm

Try looking up a Bartholin Gland Cyst. See if this may be what it is.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us