Question: Been pregnant before, can't remember all symptoms.

hevans - Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:14 pm

I had my period on October 4. I spotted two weeks later. I have been very tired, lately, more so than I should be being a mother of a 2 year old. I had sex with my husband and had light bleeding afterward. I am not due to have my cycle until November 2. I have had extreme nausea for the last 8 days. I just don't want to jump the gun or get to excited about being pregnant. Can you help?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:34 am

User avatar Hi hevans,
Signs of early pregnancy may include absent menstruation, tender or swollen breasts, darkening of the aureola around the nipple, nausea, fatigue, etc. If you cycle does not arrive when expected, you may want to take a pregnancy test and have an evaluation by your physician. Good Luck! Hopefully you will consider posting an update.
 mlady25 - Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:46 am

ok well here it is i think i am because i have fluid coming out of my breast and i havent had a peroid in 2months and i have had a tubal but i took test home and in the hospital but they came back not pregent
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:03 am

User avatar Hi mlady25,
What type of sterilization procedure did you have, for example, tubes tied, ligation (tying and cutting), cauterized etc.? Generally speaking, when ligation and cauterization is performed it is considered permanent. If tied only, there is a chance that they may become untied. Depending on the procedure you had done would determine the the chance that pregnancy is possible. However, keep in mind, if you had a test at the hospital (which I assume was a blood test) and accuracy and detection rates are even higher than the urine tests in determining pregnancy, and a negative home pregnancy as well, in my opinion if you had the ligation and cauterization procedure I would find it unlikely that you are pregnant. However, again if you only had the tying procedure done, there is a small chance. Leakage of fluid from the breasts may also be caused by other things aside from pregnancy including hormone imbalances.