Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: BCP, Spotting, Pregnancy?

sierra1283 - Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:40 am

I have been on Ortho TriCyclen for years...I have missed pills before and never had a problem, except this time. I started a new pack on Oct. 9...missed pills Oct. 16 & 17....did not take them, just continued pack on the next day. I am due for my period Nov. 2 (I always get in on the Wed.)....I started spotting Oct. 27...and still am....it is less than my regular period... it is red and brown. I am having stomach aches and light headednes.

Thank you for your time and replies :D
 SHELLY83 - Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:29 am

Sierra,
...Im having the same sort of problem....(its been going on for nearly 8wks now, im confused about it myself) I'll tell u my story

The thing with me is i only just taking the pill again in sept. but the Dr. told me to stop only days b4 i was due again in Oct,..this was because i had the same sort of spotting as u for nearly the whole month, and the spotting stopped the day i should have start my reggular cycle (confusing i know).

My last normal period was in sept. and im not really sure when to expect it to become normal again. I was told to stay of the pill until it is back to normal. I have also had Preg test done and was told if i don't get a normal period this month i should go back for various test.

I too have also felt light light-headed with a bloated and uneasy stomach. with some other symptoms, the first was a metallic taste...wierd i know!!!

I think the best thing for u to do is go to ur doctor and also a preg test if u thing u could b...

hope this helps in any way

Shelly

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us