Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Vaginal itching and more...

pinkyorkie - Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:06 pm

Approximately 2 weeks ago my labia major began to itch in just one area...I went searching and thought maybe it was a yeast infection. I bought some cream and started using it but this just made the itching more unbearable than it already was. I don't intentionally itch but I do occassionally wake up and find myself scratching. I noticed the skin was starting to flake and becoming red...I assumed this was due to the scratching that had been done. Then, just a few days ago, I noticed that there was a small cut to the side of my clitoris...Now there are cuts on both sides and one extends quite far, making it painful for me to even wipe after using the restroom. I have no other problems that I can see or feel...I have made an appointment to see my gyno but since doctors are so short handed I can't be seen for another month and a half. If anyone has any information or can possibly give me some sort of piece of mind in the time before I can see the doctor it would be greatly appreciated. I've looked all over for some sort of problem with all of these symptoms but find nothing. Please help me!
 pinkyorkie - Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:07 pm

to clarify...I noticed this after posting (of course). The cuts are not to the side of my clitoris itself but the hood. Pretty much where the lips of my labia major and the clitoral hood meet.
 pinkyorkie - Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:37 pm

Can anyone help me? Here I am, a month down the road, still having this same problem. ANYTHING???????????

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us