Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Problems with bleeding

Mystical_Dreamer - Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:35 pm

Hello,

I am 25 years old and I've never been to a gyno. I'm not too embarrassed to go (as long as its not someone my Mom knows as she is a nurse) I just can't afford too. I have no insurance and I've been unemployed for over a year (if I didn't have my family I'd be living in a homeless shelter). My family barely gets by and they can't afford to pay for an appointment.

For the past six or so months I've noticed blood (occasionally) on the toilet paper after having a bowel movement. I just shrugged it off. Now, (and for the past couple of months) I have been spotting blood almost daily. Although now instead of from the rectum its as if I'm having mini-periods. In fact I don't even know when my period is supposed to start any more because I a haven't had a break. I only know that my period is here because the flow of blood gets heavier and then wanes. Some days the blood only shows up after I wipe and other days it stains my underwear. I've had to wear pads all the time because I just don't know when I'll bleed through and I'd be so embarrassed if I bled onto my Mom's new couch. :oops:
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:25 pm

User avatar You need to see a doctor for a proper diagnosis and treatment. If you are low income, then government assistance can help you with insurance and paying for a doctors appt.

Also, there are low cost and free gyn clinics that can help you. Check and see if you have a Family Planning clinic in your area. They are free to unemployed and offer exams, Pap smears, birth control, ect.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us