Question: bleeding after sex

worriedinliverpool - Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:09 am

User avatar iv been with my boufriend for a year now and we started having sex about 4 months ago and after every time i have never had any bleeding but the last time we had sex i started bleeding is this normal? as i am realy worried
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:59 am

User avatar Hi worriedinliverpool,
Was it outright bleeding or light spotting? In some women light spotting may occur after intercourse and may be related to for example, irritation of the cervix, mild vaginal trauma, etc. If this would continue to be a problem however, a physicial exam by your physician is warranted.
 worriedinliverpool - Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:59 pm

User avatar Hi thanx for getting back to me the bleeding was more like i had been cut down below and durung intercourse it really hurt wich has never happend before could it be that me and my boyfriend where not doing it properly to start with and this bleeding was me losing my virginity? as the bleeding was for about 10 min or so
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:06 am

User avatar Hi worriedinliverpool,
From your description it sounds as though your episode of bleeding may have been related to mild trauma/small tear in the vaginal entrance or in the vagina itself. If this symptom would continue to reoccur I would suggest an evaluation by your physician. If it does not, and you have had a recent normal gynecological exam, in my opinion, I would relate this to trauma.
 worriedinliverpool - Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:48 pm

User avatar thank you for getting back to me you have really put my mind at rest :D