Question: Gracie01

babygirl18 - Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:07 pm

You answered my question perfectly about my cousin. I emailed what you had said to her, but she is acting completely insane about it. She thinks all this is fake and she won't take a test. What if she is pregnant? I don't want her to harm the baby because she doesn't want to be responsible for her decisions. Do you have any suggestions on what I should do for her? She said she feels bloated, but she thinks thats just her imagination. Is there anything I can do?
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:06 pm

User avatar Wait and see if she gets her next period or not. If it does not come...then the answer is clear.

It is unlikely she is pregnant, but I do worry because it sounds like she is not mature enough to be having sex. When you choose to start having sex, you have to be mature enough to accept all the responsibilities that come with it. Pregnancy is ALWAYS possible, and also is the risk of STDs.

Mabye you can find a clinic in your area, look up family planning, they offer free gynecological services, or a school councelor...someone to talk to....make an appointment for yourself, because you also have a lot of questions, and ask your cousin to go with you. Don't pressure her, just try to be supportive.

Let me know what happens, keep me informed, good luck
 babygirl18 - Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:44 pm

i spoke to her about going to a clinic but she refuses. i mean, i know its too soon to tell if she is preg. but, we could still go just to be informed about things. its kind of weird, because im still a virgin, but shes not and she is younger than me. im proud of my decision, especially since ive been in a serious commited relationship for over three years. shes just stubborn and never listens. she does what she wants no matter what. ill let you know what happens