Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Prolonged Bleeding and Abdominal pain

 littlelost1 - Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:43 am

I am 24 years old i have had my cycle every since i was 12 years old .In october of 99 i had just seen the gyn and told about the pain i was having in my abdomen it was ignored less than 48 hours later i was bending over to tye my shoes and i heard a loud pop i could move and or walk i was in terrible pain when i was rushed to the hospital i fond out i had a cyst on my ovaries that had just burst and my appendix,i have been having very normal cycle before this Then all of a sudden i started the irregular bleeding since then i have bleed for 42, 40, 32, 28, 22 days straight,some times i would miss my period for about 3 months sometimes They gave me different types of birth control, to try to see if it was my hormones out of balance. I had unbearable abdominal pain, to the point where i couldn't stand or sit the only position that made me comfortable was the fetal position. i complained about it to the practicioner but was ignored since i had to wait an year to see my doctor.None of the medicines worked, it made me sicker. a few months ago i had very terible pain in my abdomen and i had blood clots the size of my hand come out, all my pregnancy test were negative, and they told me they didn't know what was wrong and that i was crazy can you please help me this have been the most miseaberable years of my life.

 Shana Johnson, CNA - Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:51 am

User avatar Please make an appointment wiht you rdoctor and ask to about endometriosis.

Symptoms of endometriosis are:
Very painful cramps or periods, heavy periods, chronic pelvic pain (which includes lower back pain and pelvic pain), intestinal pain, pain during or after sex, infertility.
Endometriosis occurs when tissue like that which lines the inside of uterus grows outside the uterus, usually on the surfaces of organs in the pelvic and abdominal areas, in places that it is not supposed to grow

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us