Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Not sure what it is

 DragonRose - Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:37 am

This weekend, I found that I have a medium sized red bump on the upper part of my pubic area. I think it may be an ingrown hair, but I can't tell. Is there anything else it could be? If not, what is the best, and most painless, way to get rid of it?

Please help soon,
 Binkalette - Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:04 am

I think I know what your talking about.. I get them sometimes from shaving... Like..they get really really red..? Anyway I just poke the skin with a pin and then squeeze it and it usually bleeds out and that's it.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us