Question: 16/problems with labia minora/ PLEASE HELP!

xdreamingx - Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:36 pm

I'm 16 and a virgin and i've been having problems with my left labia for a few years. :oops: It's very inflammed, swollen and purplish. It also extends out of my labia majora. I'm very afraid to tell my parents. :cry: How soon should i go to see a gyn? Could it possibly be vulvar cancer? I'm doubting it because it hasn't spread to the other parts of my vagina, also the labia has never been sore, itchy or bleed. I'm so scared and too embarassed to tell anyone. But i've had it since it was 12 or 13. I've been researching for my symtoms and am so afraid that may be cancer. :cry: Can these symtoms be related to any treatable diseases because a lot of the symptoms i have overlap w/ many diseases. Please give me some advice as soon as possible. I wanna get this settled because it's been giving me so much stress and anxiety at school and at home. I just want to live a normal teenage life. Any advice will truly be helpful.
 nino32 - Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:16 pm

It is not uncommon for the edges of your labia minora to extend past the labia majora. It is also not uncommon for it to have a blueish/purpleish edge.