Medical Specialty >> Hematology

Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

Back to Hematology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: Elevated MCH,MCV,CRP ?

TELLCURT - Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:16 pm

Good Morning,
Result Ref range Flagged
Jan 12,06 MCV 98.1 82-98 H
MCH 33.2 27-33 H
C-RP 4.6 __-3.0 H
WBC 9.6 4.4-10.8

Jan 31,06 MCV 98.6 82-98 H
MCH 33.8 27-33 H
WBC 10.9 4.4-10.8 H

Could you please help me undrstand What these could mean?
I havebeen diagnosed having
OSA,CAD,COPD,HYPERLIPIDEMIA,HighBlood Pressure ,GLACOMA,CHRONIC PAIN, Lymphomatoid Papulosis

I thank you in advance for any insight you may have.
(tellcurt61@aol.com)
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:20 pm

User avatar Hello,

Your results only show only a slightly elevated WBC and an elevated CRP. These can rise due to any infectious or inflammatory process. On the other hand there is a slight increase in MCH and MCV. I am unable to say for sure but they could be a result of oxygen deprivation due to your COPD.

Please discuss these results with your doctor.

Best regards.
 TELLCURT - Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:39 pm

Thank you for getting back to me so fast..
I feel a bit silly...what you say make's alot of sence,since a also have OSA sleep apnea...Again Thank you for your time .

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us