Medical Specialty >> Hematology

Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

Back to Hematology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: blood test results

lainie - Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:43 pm

Hi Lainie here 51yr old lungcancer pt in remission who had right lower lobectomy and endometriosis and other things I allready talked about. I just had a complete blood and urine test and have some abnormal findings don't quite understand them I know that they were looking for an Autoimmune disease all I know is that my legs hurt almost all the time and I am tired alot I am taking cymbalta 60 mgs, zocor 40mgs,protonix 40mgs, claratin10mgs, benazepril hcl/hydrochlor 20/25 . The abnormal findings in the comprehensive metabolic panel are Urea Nitrogen 21.0 h out of 5.0-19.0, Creatinine 1.7 h out of o.8-1.1, Alkaline Phosphatase
132 h out of 30-125, AST 35 h out of 12-30, ALT h 40 out of 0-30, Anion Gap 17 h out of 7-16, Sed rate 70 h out of 0-24, C-Reactive Protein 1.3 h out of 0.0-1.0
CBC W Diff WBC 11.4 h out of 4.5-10.8, Hemoglobin 11.0 l out of 12.0-16.0, Hematocrit 32.2 l out of 36.0-46.0, RBC 3.48 l out of 4.20-5.40, Absolute Lymphocytes 3.9 h out of 0.9-3.1, ANA abnormal low positive, ANA Reflex Panel ANA Q@uantitative 1:80 A new <1:40 Ana Pattern Speckled with these results could i have more cancer or more likely Lupus or is this not enough to go on thanks lainie p.s. getting tired feel like I am getting the run around so please help me
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:39 pm

User avatar Hello,

Your labs seem to point more towards lupus. Has your doctor ordered any more labs? Was an anti-double stranded DNA test done?

Best regards,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us