Medical Specialty >> Hematology

Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

Back to Hematology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: BLOOD RESULTS

chica69 - Fri May 11, 2007 6:09 pm

hI

cAN ANYONE MAKE ANYTHING OUR OF THESE BLOOD RESULTS

FERRITIN...........8NG/ML
HEMAGLOBIN 12 G/DL
TTG 6.4
IAG 4.4
CRP 0.73 MG/DL

ALL OTHER BLOOD RESULTS WERE WITHIN NORMAL RANGE

I HAVE HAD A COLONOSCOPY AND ALL WAS GOOD.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat May 26, 2007 9:12 pm

User avatar Most of these values are very minimally abnormal. Your hemoglobin and ferritin levels are slightly low, probably indicating that you are a little iron deficient. Taking a multivitamin with iron can help this.

The CRP is a measure of inflammation. Normal levels vary from lab to lab but most doctors consider levels <1 normal.

TTG stands for tissue transglutaminase and is a test that is used to help diagnose celiac disease. Again, normal levels vary based on the lab but this level does not generally indicate a significant presence of this antibody. If it is present it indicates an increased likelihood of celiac disease.

I am not familiar with the IAG test so I cannot comment about it.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us