Medical Specialty >> Hematology

Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

Back to Hematology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: Can missing chemicals cause allergies?

yellowwheel - Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:32 am

<B>Condition:</B> Allergy causing bronchial swelling. Taking allergy and asthma meds, under control.

<B>Goal:</B> To become non-allergic.

<U>Medical office gave me two options.</U>

1. Immunology could help reduce need for meds.
or
2. Chemical supplement.

I was told missing or low level chemicals in body can cause cells to become allergic. My blood tests confirmed cells reacted allergic.

<B>Here is my question:</B>
Can a Hematologist find this missing chemical(s) in my blood? I definitely did not misunderstand. I thought they were loony when I heard this. But figured I'd get a second opinion about missing chemicals causing allergies.

Thank you in advance.
 yellowwheel - Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:20 pm

More specific, is there a such thing as chemical imbalance making cells respond allergic?

Also, can a chemical imbalance in the brain program cells to be allergic or non allergic with blood tests?
 yellowwheel - Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:30 pm

If these questions are completely false, I am sorry. I don't have experience in medicine. This all came from my doctors office and told me to do this. It is expensive to run to different doctors all the time. I just want to know if I would be wasting my time looking for chemical imbalances as a cure for allergies. I am loosing faith in my doctor.
 yellowwheel - Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:32 pm

My doctors office specializes in Asthma and Allergy.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us