Medical Specialty >> Hematology

Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

Back to Hematology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: Can missing chemicals cause allergies?

 yellowwheel - Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:32 am

<B>Condition:</B> Allergy causing bronchial swelling. Taking allergy and asthma meds, under control.

<B>Goal:</B> To become non-allergic.

<U>Medical office gave me two options.</U>

1. Immunology could help reduce need for meds.
2. Chemical supplement.

I was told missing or low level chemicals in body can cause cells to become allergic. My blood tests confirmed cells reacted allergic.

<B>Here is my question:</B>
Can a Hematologist find this missing chemical(s) in my blood? I definitely did not misunderstand. I thought they were loony when I heard this. But figured I'd get a second opinion about missing chemicals causing allergies.

Thank you in advance.
 yellowwheel - Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:20 pm

More specific, is there a such thing as chemical imbalance making cells respond allergic?

Also, can a chemical imbalance in the brain program cells to be allergic or non allergic with blood tests?
 yellowwheel - Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:30 pm

If these questions are completely false, I am sorry. I don't have experience in medicine. This all came from my doctors office and told me to do this. It is expensive to run to different doctors all the time. I just want to know if I would be wasting my time looking for chemical imbalances as a cure for allergies. I am loosing faith in my doctor.
 yellowwheel - Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:32 pm

My doctors office specializes in Asthma and Allergy.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us