Medical Specialty >> Hematology

Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

Back to Hematology Answers List

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: High Lymphs, Monos, EO%, LY#, Mono#, EOSINO#

dugeorge - Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:14 am

WBC 10.11, LYMPHS 57.3, MONOS 13.1, EO% 4.6, BA% 0.8, NEUT.% 24.2
NEUTRO# 2.45, LY# 5.79, MONO# 1.32, EOSINO# 0.47, BASO# 0.08
My doctor wants me to see a Hematologist because he is concerned with these numbers and the fact that my lymphnodes have been swollen for a year now.
Any information you can provide me on to what these values may mean would be appreciated.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Tue May 26, 2009 12:29 am

Your blood work is suggestive of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) but not conclusive. Because of your age it's unlikely the virus is active even if you once had the infection. The fact that you've had swollen lymph nodes for over a year and the just slightly-off blood work could mean there is some obscure process going on that your doctor isn't able to identify and it is worrisome that the lymph nodes would remain swollen for this long, especially without any really major flags in the blood work. A hematologist is the most likely specialist to figure out what, if anything, is going on.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck to you and please follow up with us here as needed.