Medical Specialty >> Hematology

Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

Back to Hematology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: Blood Tests

 gaffney_m - Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:16 pm

Is there a blood test that my doctor can do that will give me feedback on what I have too much of, not enough of and anything that could be causing problems ?

Basically a total service on my blood ! I need a name for this comprehensive test . . . is there one ?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:43 pm

User avatar Dear Gaffney,
Unfortunately there is no such comprehensive test. If one were available then it would make life so much easier for everyone. What problems are you concerned about?
 gaffney_m - Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:01 am

I am just wanting to see what supplements would be a good idea or what foods that I should eat more of and less of . . . . that idea. I am not too surprised that there isn't an overall test.


| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us