Medical Specialty >> Hematology

Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

Back to Hematology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: Too much Protein in my Blood??

weesz - Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:16 am

Hi all ,

Recently , i did a blood test to find out about my health status!

The blood test shown :

Haemoglobin : 16.5 g/dL
RBC : 5.26 x10(power of 12) /L
PCV : 46
MCV : 88 fL
MCH : 31 pg
MCHC : 35.6
RDW : 13.8 %

Liver Function Test

Total Protein : 80 g/L
Albumin : 50 g/L
Globulin : 30 g/L
Albu./Globu. ratio : 1.7
Alkaline Phosphatase : 67 U/L
Total Bilirubin : 22 umol/L

Though the above readings is still above the acceptable range, but it seems to be at higher end of the range!

I am a 26 years old guy with no history of illnesses and diseases. I maintained a diet of no meat (chicken,beef,pork etc). I take vegetables and seafood related like Fish and prawns only. I constantly take fruits in my diet too and also a supplement named Polbax ( Cu/Zn and Mn SOD) twice daily.

I wonder if there is too much Protein (from seafood) in my diet which leds to the high reading>? Could anyone comment on the above?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance

Best Rdgs[/code]
 Dr. Russell M - Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:43 pm

User avatar Hi!

I wouldn't worry about the results of your blood test if i were u...

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us