Medical Specialty >> Hematology

Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

Back to Hematology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: elevated CBC lymph

r8rmojoe - Mon May 02, 2005 12:34 pm

My job offered a blood screening that I accepted and just got the results back on. Everything is within the normal range except for my lymph reading was elevated(44.2%).
What does this mean? I am worried please respond.
Thankyou,

Joe
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon May 02, 2005 2:19 pm

User avatar Hi r8rmojoe,
I wouldn't worry about it. Lymphocytes fluctuate out of range to combat foreign organisms in the blood such as a viral infection. In the absence of lymph node enlargement or an increase in total leucocyte counts there is probably not much happening. A follow up blood count after a month will help lesson your worries. Please refer to your physician with your results.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us