Medical Specialty >> Hematology

Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

Back to Hematology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: question regading cbc results

buckeyefan1970 - Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:40 pm

In July I had a CBC drawn which showed a WBC count of 13.7. I was having problems with a hairline fracture in the foot and a sinus infection. I was put on Augmentin for 10 days and had a repeat CBC done a couple of weeks after I finished the coarse. My CBC is still elevated at 12.6 but the diff is all normal. A repeat UA show 2+ leuk. est. and a WBC count of 15 negative for bacteria and the C&S was negative. Are there specific questions I should ask the ARNP? I'm just worried. Upon reading I don't have any s&s of leukemia. I'm just not sure where to go. I imagine she will want to send me to a hematologist and a urologist. Thanks for any information.
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:30 pm

"A repeat UA show 2+ leuk. est. and a WBC count of 15 negative for bacteria and the C&S was negative."

This statement inplies a previous urine analysis was done. What were the results, and was the test done on the same day that WBC showed a count of 13.7?

Dr Anthony Solomon