Medical Specialty >> Hematology

Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

Back to Hematology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/12/2017.

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: high wbc & platelet counts please help

muffinpie36 - Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:23 pm

Hello i am new at this board . i went to the doctor and he took a blood test and some things were off. so i went to a blood doctor and also took the blood tests and they were the same. he couldnt find anything worng so now he wants me to take a bone marrow test to be sure. these were my results any info would help.
wbc - 14.7
platelet count - 544
neutrophills absoulte - 10084
i did have 2 abcess in my mouth and also i always have a sinus infection i think and i have been understress. i heard these might have an affect on it. but are the counts really high ?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:31 am

User avatar Hi muffinpie36,
Were the abcesses and sinus infection treated?
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones RN
 muffinpie36 - Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:23 pm

hi thank you for your reply. i have 2 root canals done but there is still a pus bubble which i have to go to an oral surgeon for him to cut it out and clean out the gum. as for the sinus infection i have been taking flonase. also i think when i took the blood test i had a bad cough and cold could that have affected it.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us