Medical Specialty >> Hematology

Doctors Lounge - Hematology Answers

Back to Hematology Answers List

Forum Name: Hematology Topics

Question: high wbc & platelet counts please help

muffinpie36 - Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:23 pm

Hello i am new at this board . i went to the doctor and he took a blood test and some things were off. so i went to a blood doctor and also took the blood tests and they were the same. he couldnt find anything worng so now he wants me to take a bone marrow test to be sure. these were my results any info would help.
wbc - 14.7
platelet count - 544
neutrophills absoulte - 10084
i did have 2 abcess in my mouth and also i always have a sinus infection i think and i have been understress. i heard these might have an affect on it. but are the counts really high ?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:31 am

User avatar Hi muffinpie36,
Were the abcesses and sinus infection treated?
Theresa Jones RN
 muffinpie36 - Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:23 pm

hi thank you for your reply. i have 2 root canals done but there is still a pus bubble which i have to go to an oral surgeon for him to cut it out and clean out the gum. as for the sinus infection i have been taking flonase. also i think when i took the blood test i had a bad cough and cold could that have affected it.