Health Tip: Finding Hidden LactoseLast Updated: April 14, 2009.
(HealthDay News) -- If you are lactose-intolerant, you know you need to monitor your diet to prevent uncomfortable gas and bloating.
But dairy products aren't the only culprits. The National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse lists these non-dairy foods that may also contain lactose:
- Margarine and different types of salad dressing.
- Deli meats (except kosher meats).
- Snack foods, including candy.
- Breads, baked products and processed cereals.
- Soups, meal-replacement supplements, instant potato products and instant breakfast drinks.
- Cookie, pancake and biscuit mixes.
|Previous: Health Tip: Applying an Antiperspirant||Next: Impotence Drugs Don’t Harm Vision: Study|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.