Health Tip: Help Prevent Chronic Ear InfectionsLast Updated: May 09, 2012.
(HealthDay News) -- Chronic ear infections are common in young children. But there are steps parents can take to help keep these painful infections from coming back, says the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders:
- Tell your child to avoid people who are smoking.
- Don't let your child go to bed with a bottle.
- Make sure your child gets all necessary vaccinations, and keep your child away from others who are sick.
- Make sure your child washes his or her hands regularly.
- If your child continues to get regular ear infections, talk to your pediatrician about additional steps to help prevent them.
|Previous: Friends’ Parents Can Sway Teens’ Odds for Drinking, Smoking||Next: Health Tip: Make Sure Your Child’s Bike is the Right Size|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.