Health Tip: Prevent Athlete’s FootLast Updated: September 19, 2012.
(HealthDay News) -- Athlete's foot is a common fungal infection that's often acquired in public showers or locker rooms.
The American Podiatric Medical Association offers these preventive tips:
- Carefully wash your feet each day with soap and water. Then thoroughly dry the feet, especially between the toes.
- In public facilities, always wear a pair of bathing shoes.
- Before putting on footwear, sprinkle your feet with talcum powder.
- Wear shoes that are lightweight and airy.
- Frequently change your shoes and socks to help keep feet dry.
|Previous: Health Tip: Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis||Next: Health Reform 2.0: States Balking at New Insurance Exchanges|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.