Health Tip: Caring for AcneLast Updated: October 10, 2012.
(HealthDay News) -- If you have acne, in addition to any procedures or drug treatment prescribed by your doctor, caring for your skin is very important.
Here are acne skin-care suggestions from the U.S. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases:
- Gently wash your skin regularly using a mild cleanser.
- Don't rub, touch or pick at your skin or any blemishes.
- If you shave, take care to avoid cutting a blemish. Try not to shave too frequently, and use a razor that leaves you with a comfortable shave.
- Many medicines used to treat acne can increase your risk of sunburn. Avoid getting a tan or burn whenever possible.
- Use only oil-free, noncomedogenic cosmetics.
|Previous: New Gene Test Predicts Whose Mouth Lesions Might Be Cancerous||Next: Health Tip: Dine on Seafood|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.