Health Tip: If You Wake With Neck PainLast Updated: December 03, 2012.
(HealthDay News) -- If you wake up most mornings with pain in the neck, it may be time to evaluate your pillow.
The Harvard Medical School suggests how to improve your position during sleep, and how to choose the right pillow:
- Opt for a soft down pillow, but be sure to replace about once annually.
- Consider using a memory foam pillow that will mold to the shape of your neck.
- Make sure your pillow isn't too high or too stiff.
- If your pillow is flat, use a higher pillow under your neck for more support.
- Use a properly fitted horseshoe-shaped pillow if you're resting in a car, train or plane.
|Previous: Health Tip: Get Heart Healthy||Next: More U.S. Kids Get High-Radiation Scans, Study Says|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.