Health Tip: Think ‘Healthy’ During the HolidaysLast Updated: December 17, 2012.
(HealthDay News) -- The holiday season brings family get-togethers, lots of food and, unfortunately, germs. But there are things you can do to help protect your health during the holidays.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention mentions these holiday health tips:
- Frequently wash your hands.
- Dress appropriately to protect against cold weather.
- Practice safe driving habits.
- Control holiday stress when possible.
- Make sure you're current on vaccinations and checkups.
- Don't smoke.
- Eat plenty of nutritious foods and get plenty of exercise.
- Keep older kids' toys, food, drinks, household items and choking hazards away from young children.
|Previous: Health Tip: Taking Medications During Pregnancy||Next: Unhealthy Snacks Tied to Colon Cancer for Those at High Risk|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.