Health Tip: Choose Healthier Chinese FoodLast Updated: July 19, 2013.
(HealthDay News) -- Some Chinese dishes are full of fat and salt, but others may be just as delicious and much healthier.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these examples of healthier and not-so-healthy Chinese fare:
- Skip fried wontons, and opt for wonton soup or hot-and-sour soup.
- Instead of fried egg rolls, opt for steamed spring rolls.
- Skip the Peking duck and fried rice, and instead order chicken, scallops or shrimp with vegetables, tofu or a whole steamed fish.
- Skip the fried dim sum in favor of steamed dumplings.
- Avoid dishes that are breaded and deep-fried in favor of steamed and simmered dishes.
|Previous: Missed Diagnoses, Drug Errors Are Major Cause of Malpractice Suits||Next: Health Tip: Fight Stress|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.