Health Tip: Trying to Unclog That Stuffy Nose?Last Updated: December 12, 2016.
(HealthDay News) -- Over-the-counter decongestants can spell relief from a stuffy nose, but it's important to use them properly to avoid side effects.
The American Academy of Family Physicians advises:
- Read and follow package instructions.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose.
- Check with your doctor to make sure an OTC decongestant is safe to take with your other meds.
- Don't take more than one decongestant at a time.
- Call your doctor or pharmacist if you have questions.
|Previous: Alcohol Can Be a Risky Guest at Holiday Parties||Next: Health Tip: Keep Teens Safer on Social Media|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.