Health Tip: 5 Things to Help You Sleep SoundlyLast Updated: January 03, 2017.
(HealthDay News) -- If your room is too bright, noisy or full of activity when you travel, any of these could prevent you from getting needed rest.
The National Sleep Foundation recommends:
- Buy an eye mask that fits well, feels comfortable and helps block out light. Look for one with molded eye cups if the mask rubs against your eyes.
- Get a small, travel-sized pillow. Many travel pillows are shaped to fit around your neck.
- Bring your own warm, soft blanket.
- Buy a pair of ear plugs. They're available in a range of features, from the basics to those that play white noise and adjust pressure in your ears.
- Get some lavender-scented hand cream. The relaxing scent may help you sleep.
|Previous: Health Tip: Skip Winter Coats in Car Seats||Next: Can Parents’ Weight Hinder Toddlers’ Development?|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.