Health Tip: Clean Your RefrigeratorLast Updated: March 02, 2017.
(HealthDay News) -- A clean refrigerator can help prevent food-related illness.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these suggestions:
- Immediately clean up spilled juices, particularly from raw meat. To defrost, always put uncooked meat on the bottom shelf inside a container with a lid.
- Use warm, soapy water and a sponge to clean shelves, drawers and other surfaces. Avoid spray cleaners. Dry with a clean paper towel or cloth.
- Clean the door handle frequently.
- Place an open box of baking soda inside your fridge to absorb odors. Change it every three months.
- Wipe away dust from the front grill of your refrigerator to keep it working efficiently.
|Previous: Health Tip: Use Caution When Applying Hair Dye||Next: Health Highlights: March 2, 2017|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.