Health Tip: Treat Skin WellLast Updated: March 14, 2017.
(HealthDay News) -- Achieving and maintaining healthy, glowing skin involve more than just keeping it clean.
Here are suggestions from the American Academy of Dermatology:
- Apply sunscreen every day before you head outdoors. Look for one that's water resistant with an SPF of at least 30.
- Avoid smoking, which can age your skin and slow wound healing.
- Find ways to manage stress.
- Perform regular self-exams to look for signs of skin cancer.
- Wash your face when you wake, before bed and any time you sweat. Choose products designed for your skin type, such as sensitive, oily or dry.
- Never scrub your skin, which can be irritating.
|Previous: Health Tip: Recognize a Foot Neuroma||Next: Health Highlights: March 14, 2017|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.