Health Tip: Signs You Need Rotator Cuff SurgeryLast Updated: February 09, 2018.
(HealthDay News) -- The rotator cuff is a collection of tendons and muscles that surround the shoulder. It's common for athletes -- for example, baseball pitchers -- to injure this area.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons mentions symptoms that indicate surgery is needed:
- Pain does not improve when treated with ice, heat or pain-relieving medication.
- Symptoms have lasted at least six months.
- You have significant weakness and loss of function in your shoulder.
- Your tear was caused by a recent injury that occurred suddenly during activity.
- You have a large tear of more than 3 cm.
|Previous: Health Tip: Controlling Pinkeye||Next: Health Highlights: Feb. 9, 2018|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.