Health Tip: Shovel Snow SafelyLast Updated: February 26, 2018.
(HealthDay News) -- Snow shoveling is a factor in thousands of injuries and as many as 100 deaths in the United States each year.
The National Safety Council suggests how to shovel safely:
- Do not shovel after eating or while smoking.
- Take it slow and stretch out before you begin.
- Shovel only fresh, powdery snow; it's lighter
- Push the snow, rather than lifting it.
- If you do lift snow, use a small shovel or only partially fill the shovel.
- Lift with your legs, not your back.
- Do not work to the point of exhaustion.
|Previous: Health Tip: Recognize a Bad Reaction to Acne Medication||Next: Health Highlights: Feb. 26, 2018|
Reader comments on this article are listed below. Review our comments policy.